So, anyway, how’s it going? Me? Oh, I’m fine. How much TV am I watching these days? Well, not much, I guess. Actually, none since we don’t have cable. Not unless you count “Little House on the Prairie” episodes on DVD. I watch them once in a while. But who can blame me? There’s nothing better than Charles Ingalls rushing in to save the day with a moving speech about love, forgiveness and common decency. Escapism at its best.
What am I escaping from? I don’t know. Myself, I guess. Why do I need to escape myself? I don’t know. I guess because I’m not a thing like Charles Ingalls. I wish that watching him would make me more like him, but inevitably I find that I’m still the same Cherie when I turn off the TV. Oh well, there’s always another episode coming. Except that I’m already on season eight, and there are only nine seasons in all. The end is near.
Today was a good day though, as far as movies and TV go. I did watch an episode of “Little House on the Prairie” earlier today, but I couldn’t watch more because I was a little head-achy, and it made it worse to watch TV or even read. So I didn’t know what to do with the rest of my my day. I lay down for a while, but I wasn’t quite sick enough to enjoy that. Finally, I put some worship music on and colored a picture. Actually, I put some worship music on and fell asleep. Then the phone rang, and I ended up driving to the NE to give my son’s car a boost because he left the lights on in the parking lot of Perkins, and then when I got home, I listened to my daughter practice guitar for a while before I turned the music back on. Then, I got my big box of 96 crayons and made a picture. It took me a long time. Maybe an hour or more. It was fun because I wasn’t well enough to care about how it looked. I just colored, and it turned out really cool. I think so, anyway. Weird and cool and refreshing and silly. And you know what? When I was done, I felt like a better person because I colored that picture. Take that, Charles!
Huh. I guess I do have something profound to say after all. Buy some crayons.
I'm sorry if I made it sound like I drew this picture of Charles! I didn't. It's just an image I found on line. The picture I colored wasn't nearly this good and deeply satisfying because of that fact. Sorry for the confusion.
ReplyDelete