Monday, 23 January 2012

Courageous

I watched the movie “Courageous” on blu-ray last night, and it was just as awesome as the five times I'd seen it in the theater. 

I love this movie for a thousand complicated reasons that I don’t have time to explain, but one of the main reasons is that it helped validate what God said to me.  That may seem like a contradiction when God told me that TV and movies numb our hearts.  This movie doesn’t do that.  It awakens.  I know that for a fact.  But somehow despite the seeming contradiction, “Courageous” helped me to make sense of what God said to me.  It showed me that God has given me a piece of the puzzle, and it’s as true as the other pieces of the puzzle.  And as important.  But other people - like Alex and Stephen Kendrick - have a piece of the puzzle too.  God spoke to them and said, “Make movies that honor me!” So they did.  Boy, did they ever!

The point isn’t to try to sell one piece as if it were the whole picture.  The point is for everyone to bring their pieces to the table.  When they do, a picture of God himself will shine for all to see.  Who could resist that?

So I’ll be courageous enough to bring my piece to the table trusting that it fits somewhere in the grand scheme of things.  I will tell people that TV and movies numb our hearts and steal our affections.  And then I’ll tell them to go see the movie “Courageous”.

Confused yet?  Welcome to my life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment